Tabs

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

George and Kathryn:  As soon as we started to play games, the enthusiasm from the kids elevated. It didn’t matter what was going on in their personal lives, they just played. Both of us are not fluent in Spanish, but we still communicated well with the kids.

George:  When Webster and I worked on the playhouse, Yaniel pressed his face against the fence, shouting “What are you doing to my house?”Webster and I just laughed. Yaniel is in for a big surprise tomorrow when we paint white with primer the entire playground. But then we will paint it beautiful colors.




Kathryn:  The first girl that I talked with was Brainy. She was also the first one to understand that I did not speak a lot of Spanish. But, even with not be able to communicate through words we communicated through hand motions and what little Spanish I knew.



George and Kathryn:   We can’t wait to build on the relationships we established so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment